These balls taste like nutty raspberry cheesecake bites! They're super creamy and naturally sweet, but not too sweet. Because they're also frozen, they make for a good, small treat any time of day, or they are even as a pre or post workout snack. Just peel the paper cups off and enjoy!
Nutty Raspberry Collagen Bites
Total Preparation: 10 minutes, ready to eat in 6+ hours
Serves: about 9-12 small bites
Gluten free, soy free & dairy free
- 1/8 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 5 scoops (or 4 heaping Tablespoons) collagen
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup oats
- 1 pint (or 6oz) raw raspberries
- dried coconut flakes for the top
- Melt the coconut oil in a large bowl.
- Once fully melted, mix in the almond butter. Stir until fully combined and when the almond butter has somewhat "liquefied".
- Stir in the collagen powder and salt until they both are completely dissolved.
- Add the oats and raspberries and fold the mixture for a few minutes or until everything is evenly mixed. (The raspberries will break up a little and their juice will somewhat bleed into the batter but that is okay.)
- Lay out a small cupcake pan and then line each pocket with small paper cupcake cups.
- Fill each cup with the bite mixture. (These will not be baked so they will not rise or anything, so filling them to the brim is okay.)
- Separately, crunch the coconut flakes into smaller pieces and then lightly sprinkle them on top of each bite.
- Once all of them are filled and topped, tap the pan on the counter a little to get any air bubbles out and to let the coconut flakes settle into the mixture more.
- Freeze for a minimum of 6 hours, or until fully frozen.
- Once frozen, pop them out of the pan and store in the freezer until enjoying.
My favorite collagen powder to use is the Further Foods beef collagen, and is the kind that I use in all of the recipes that I use collagen in.
As for the dried coconut flakes, I like to use non-sweetened flakes, but the naturally baked Bare toasted coconut chips are slightly sweetened which gave the bites a sweeter, crunchier top.