Okay, so you just ate dinner and you want something sweet, but you don't want to go too overboard because you're already full and.. well, you don't want to feeeel gross (even though, no regrets ever after dessert, am I right?). So what do you do?
Make these sweet apple nachos!
They're sweet, creamy, a little savory and a little nutty. If you don't finish the whole plate, you can just cover the plate and leave them in the fridge to eat the next day, but the best part about these is I never feel sluggishly full after eating this healthy dessert!
So you're not wanting a dessert? Eat this as a snack! This would also be a great pre-workout snack. But yes, what I'm saying is that you just need these sweet nachos in your life basically no matter what.
Have at 'em.
Sweet Apple Nachos
Total Preparation: 3-5 minutes
Serves: 1-2 people
- 1 organic apple (I prefer Fuji)
- 1-2 Tablespoons almond or peanut butter
- 1/2 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2- 1 Tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 Tablespoon dried coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon cocoa nibs
- 1 teaspoon chopped walnuts
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- 1 dash of nutmeg
- sprinkle of Vega vanilla protein powder (optional)
- Core and slice the apple into semi-thin slices. Then layer the slices out on a plate, like you would chips for typical cheesy nachos.
- Next, melt the coconut oil.
- In the bowl with the melted coconut oil, add the nut butter of your choice and stir until the two are fully combined. The texture should be a creamy liquid, almost the consistency of a loose batter.
- Drizzle the nut butter coconut oil mixture all over the apple slices.
- Then drizzle the honey or maple syrup over the apple slices.
- To finish your sweet apple nachos, sprinkle all remaining toppings evenly onto the apple slices.
- Eat immediately, share with a friend, or cover and store in the fridge until the next day. Enjoy!
Don't like some of these toppings or want to add more? The possibilities are actually endless with this one!
Share your creations with me on Instagram by tagging @the_health_hustle in your stories and posts.