This salty, savory hummus is perfect with crackers and vegetables, used as a spread in wraps, on sandwiches, or even added on top of whole bowls. It's elegant yet casual at the same time (didn't think hummus could be explained that way, did you?). This hummus recipe is one I keep on hand and is especially fun to add to the table when hosting.
Greek Olive Hummus
- 1 can organic garbanzo beans
- juice of 3/4 large lemon (or 2 small lemons)
- 4 Tablespoons tahini
- 1/4 cup & 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup Greek olives (pitted)
- Blend garbanzo beans, lemon juice, tahini, and olive oil. Note: use the olive oil/ olive juice mixture that the Greek olives come in to add more flavor instead of using plain olive oil.
- Once fully blended, add the Greek olives and pulse the blender 5-10 times until the olives are chopped smaller and mixed evenly into the hummus.
- Scoop into a bowl or on a plate, drizzle a small amount of olive oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds on top to finish it off (optional). Enjoy!